Www girlsseekingguysdating com the global dating network
By the end of the 9th century, when the Kievska Rus princes united scattered Slavic tribes, Kiev was the political centre of the Eastern Slavs.Kiev maintained wide foreign and commercial trade links due to its position in the middle of trade routes between the Vikings and the Greeks.Desyatynna church in Kiev (reconstruction) Kiev`s development accelerated durign the reign of Prince Volodymir the Great (980-1015).
At Vladimir Great in Kiev the first stone temple - "Desyatynna church" has been constructed.
By the 11th century Kiev was one of the largest centers of civilization in the Christian World.
Besides in those times the city totaled about 400 churches, 8 markets and more than 50 000 inhabitants.
(For comparison: in same time in Novgorod, the second-largest city of Russia, was 30 000 inhabitants; in London, Hamburg and Gdansk - on 20 000).
Kiev was among the most prospering craft and shopping centers of Europe.
After the death of the great Kiev`s Prince Vladimir Monomakh (1125).
Kievska Rus became involved in a long period of feudal wars.
The early settles of Kiev built their citadel on the steep right bank of the Dnipro river to protect themselves from marauding nomadic tribes.
Legend has it that at the end of the 5th and the beginning of the 6th centuries, three brothers, Kiy, Shchek and Khoriv, and their sister, Lybid, founded a town and names it after their elder brother Kiy, as "Kyiv".
Dating free, russian women marriage, dating ukraine, ukraine dating free, russian dating, dating, dating ukranian, online dating ukraine, dating russian, dating ukraine women, free ukraine dating, ukraine dating agency, ukraine women for dating, ukraine dating service, free ukraine dating websites, ukraine girl for dating, dating sites free, dating site free, us free dating site Archeological excavations show evidence of the first settlement on the territory of Kiev 15,000 to 20,000 years ago.
Later, Kiev`s Grand Princes built their palaces and churches on Starokievska hill, while artisans and merchants built their houses next to the wharf on the Dnipro.